CBD is an abbreviation referring to cannabidiol, which is considered to be one of the compounds present in the cannabis plant, famously known as marijuana. Marijuana CBD is a modern-day supplement, which comes in the form of lotion, oils and CBD-infused food and drink. It is mainly used to cure problems, such as anxiety, pain, arthritis, and insomnia. Over thousands of years, the same has been widely used for medical purposes.
Cannabis has been proven to be a Schedule 1 drug that has a limited scope of research for therapeutic usage. Schedule 1 drugs have no currently accepted medicinal use and a high potential for abuse, according to the US Federal Controlled Substances Act. Cannabis products were being used to cure medicinal conditions in the 19th and early 20th centuries and listed in US Pharmacopoeia, right before the onset of Federal restriction under the Marijuana Tax Act in 1937.
The literary research regarding CBD shows that it has been a great cure to heal childhood epilepsy. In 2018 itself, Epidiolex, a CBD-infused drug, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the US for treating childhood epileptic conditions. It was designated as Schedule V, which comes under the category of least restrictive drug schedule with minimal potential for abuse. Preclinical research on animals has shown that CBD is an absolute healer for pain and inflammation along with minimum side effects.
Absolute Guidelines for Usage
- Quit smoking as it causes lung diseases, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US.
- Purchase CBD products, such as vitamins and other supplements only from authorized and reputable sources, as these are not regulated or approved by the FDA for medicinal treatments.
- Consume CBD in the form of a pill or capsule as it leads to a slow and extended-release in the body. A CBD-infused oral tincture can also be used for rapid and effective treatment.
- CBD intake should be gradually increased after noticing the effect of relief and a check should be maintained to analyze its usefulness.
- Check the laws of your state before starting with marijuana CBD. Although medicinal marijuana is legal, it is still considered illegal at the Federal level which leads to the implication of the legal grey zone in many areas regarding CBD.
Source Article URL: